Thought Leadership Summit 2019
Thursday, 28th February, 2019 at the Royal Lancaster London Hotel
Following last years success, the UK OSPAs will be again running a Thought Leadership Summit in London on the afternoon of the awards ceremony. The UK security sector will be given the opportunity to listen to a line-up of high-profile speakers, whilst providing a platform to generate debate about key issues facing the industry. It will facilitate discussion among security experts, while hearing perspectives from outside the security sector.
The programme promises to be lively, thought provoking and sometimes controversial. Thought Leadership is about inspiring insights, rethinking conceptions and ideas that we have for too long have been left unchallenged.
The programme will include:
- Katy Bourne, Police and Crime Commissioner for Sussex will speak about how businesses and the private security sector can better engage to compliment the work of the police.
- Dr Glen Kitteringham will discuss new global research that invites a rethink on the way we treat and manage security officers.
- Ch Supt Nick Aldworth, Counter Terrorism National Coordinator – Protect and Prepare, will present an overview of counter terrorist activity and the development of public/private sector collaboration to combat the terrorist threat.
- Dave Humphries – Interim Chief Executive – Security Industry Authority (SIA), will provide a regulator’s viewpoint of the private security industry, its development over time and its improvements in standards, but including, nonetheless, where it still needs to improve.
- The event will close with a debate, ‘Is the SIA stifling the development of the security sector?’ involving well-known thought leaders Stuart Lowden and Geoff Zeidler.
For more information, please see the Thought Leadership Summit Programme
The event is open to all stakeholders in the security sector and delegate participation will be encouraged as part of the debate.
Doors will open to the event at 12:00, lunch will be provided, and an exhibition of products and services will be on display. The event will finish at 17:00 and the OSPAs awards dinner will follow at 18.45.
Delegate place £45 + VAT
This includes lunch, entrance to the exhibition and summit and afternoon refreshments.
Exhibition stand space £395 + VAT (includes 1 delegate place)
This includes 1 table top exhibition space, 1 delegate pass, lunch and refreshments and connection with the speakers and delegates during registration, lunch and breaks.